What We Do
Hero Games Charity is a registered Non-Profit Organization (501(c)(3)).
- Gold Star Families: Every year, we select one Special Operations Forces (SOF) family to be invited into our community in Bedford, Virginia for +/- 1 week, where we run the Hero Games Fitness Competition in honor of their fallen family member. We use funds raised by our community to cover all expenses for the family, ensuring they have the best experience possible.
- Hero Games Fitness Competition: A team event that tests the physical and mental limitations of the individual. As a participant in the Hero Games, you're assigned to a 12-person team, led by Special Operations Cadre through a 6-8 hour course modeled after Special Operations training, all in honor of a fallen SOF Soldier. The fallen Soldier's family will be in attendance, oftentimes competing themselves.
- Mountain Survival Course: This is a basic survival course led by Special Operations Cadre. We spend 24 hours in the Jefferson National Forest training on the "Big 5 of Survival", food, fire, shelter, safety, and water. At the end of the day, we relax by the fire to share life stories and build relationships. Mountain therapy if you would.
- Mountain Survival Challenge: This is a 36-hour race through the Jefferson National Forest where 2-person teams go head-to-head to make it out first. Plan to travel 20-30 miles with minimal equipment: A map, water container, first aid material, and a communication device.You'll encounter survival challenges along the way which earn you equipment to increase your chances of winning.
- Youth Survival Course: This is a basic survival course led by Special Operations Cadre, specifically designed for youth, ages 4-14. We train on the same tasks as the Mountain Survival Course, but with a fun-centered approach.
- Hero Games Podcast: Hosted by two of the founders, JD and Johnny, the Hero Games Podcast tells the stories of our community. Plan to hear stories of combat, leadership, philosophy, health, fitness and more.